The Memory Book ARC Review

They tell me that my memory will never be the same, that I'll start forgetting things. At first just a little, and then a lot. So I'm writing to remember.

Sammie was always a girl with a plan: graduate at the top of her class and get out of her small town as soon as humanly possible. Nothing will stand in her way--not even a rare genetic disorder the doctors say will slowly start to steal her memories and then her health. What she needs is a new plan.

So the Memory Book is born: Sammie's notes to her future self, a document of moments great and small. It's where she'll record every perfect detail of her first date with longtime crush, Stuart--a brilliant young writer who is home for the summer. And where she'll admit how much she's missed her childhood best friend, Cooper, and even take some of the blame for the fight that ended their friendship.

Through a mix of heartfelt journal entries, mementos, and guest posts from friends and family, readers will fall in love with Sammie, a brave and remarkable girl who learns to live and love life fully, even though it's not the life she planned.

Seriously so much Heartfelt thanks to The Novl for sending me a copy, it was such a sweet surprise and i am glad. I don't know what i was thinking going into this book but towards the end i was preparing myself for heart-break ( i actually skimmed to the end just to confirm my suspicions)

This book had everything, humor,conflict, family dynamics, romance. The writing just made everything so real, i live for these types of books where it's filled with angst and maybe Tragedy. I actually didn't know that Nieman-Pik was a real disease and after reading the book i went to google and was just really really deep in sadness.

Sammie stood for everyone who was told horrible news, knowing their life was limited to numbers and statistics but still they didn't want that to define them, she wanted to live while she had time, makes you really think how fast time moves and how much we take for granted.

I enjoyed the romance but it wasn't swoony for me but the right amount of awww, it was so sweet towards the end with cooper writing in her memory book. I think that's what broke me, when all her family and friends wrote in her memory book at the end and it was just final.

I thought i had heart burn but nope it was heartache, i really felt the pain and you know what i did? I went online and told EVERYONE to read this because the pain was worth it.

The Memory Book will hold a special place in my memory for a long time to come.


Comments

Popular Posts